The Schools Coaching Service is a coordinated approach to supporting Wigan’s Primary Schools in delivering high quality school sport & PE in line with the National Curriculum & Wigan PE scheme of Work, ensuring every child has the opportunity to participate in PE and sport for up to 5 hours per week.
Our innovative service provides schools with access to full time qualified coaches with the ability to offer planned and structured lessons in line with the National Curriculum, whilst enhancing the schools ability to provide additional sporting activities and effective high quality school to club links. This unique opportunity also offers advanced support in relation to competitive opportunities and talented athlete identification and pathways.
What can our Schools Coaching Service offer your school?
• High quality Curriculum & Extra Curriculum PE & Sport delivery
• Specialist Sports Coaches
• Comprehensive lesson plans
• Pupil assessments in line with the National Curriculum for PE
• Primary Leadership and teacher training opportunities
• Support and preparation for inter and intra school sport competitions and festivals
• Links to local sports clubs and community sports activities